Tuesday 16 April 2013

Justice Markandey Katju announced indefinite fast, will not work till Sanjay Dutt is pardoned

After meeting Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Press Council of India (PCI) Chairman Justice Markandey Katju announced an indefinite fast. He will not work and fulfill his responsibilities till his plea of clemency for Sanjay Dutt and few other criminals is considered by the Government of India.
"I will not work till the government pardons Sanjay Dutt and four other hardcore criminals," said Katju.
He said "I don't think PCI work is that important. It is a kind of shitty work and can be done by my peon. I want to sacrifice that work on getting justice for these innocent guys. I will not work till I get desired results from my fast."
According to sources, besides paltry PCI work, Katju will restrain himself on taking efforts of eating, sleeping, bathing and scratching till Government responds positively to his fast. He has appointed people to do all this dirty work.
A Delhi based NGO 'Incremental Social Push' has declared its support to Markandey Katju. The venue for fast is still to be decided and formal announcement will come on Wednesday. Though venue is less important matter, Katju is pushing for Jantar Mantar against Ramleela Maidan.
"Whatever ground I would get, it is fine for me. But what is more important is justice to Sanjay Dutt. He sacrificed his 20 years for a paltry 5-year jail. I want the government to take humanitarian stand and allow him to roam free," said Katju.

No comments:

Post a Comment