Thursday 29 October 2015

Takaaki Kajita returns Nobel to protest intolerance

Japanese scientist and Nobel prize winner Takaaki Kajita decided to return his Nobel prize to protest the growing instances of intolerance in the Indian society. Takaaki Kajita who discovered neutrino oscillations, which shows that neutrinos have mass, returned the award just like any other Indian author, scientist or movie director who never faced so much of intolerance in India which they are facing during current government's regime.

"The Indian government is constantly creating difficulties for me to live freely. I don't want to see myself under religious dictatorship," said one of the Indian scientists who returned his Padma Bhushan yesterday "I believe for the similar reasons Kajita has returned his award.

Kajita lives in Japan and is affiliated to University of Tokyo, Kashiwa, Japan. India Satire correspondent approached him to ask why he is returning his award, he said "Just for time pass! Everybody in India was returning his award so I thought to return my Nobel Prize just for some entertainment."

No comments:

Post a Comment