Monday 3 June 2013

Pappu Pandey resigns from job, applies for BPL category to avail benefits of food security bill

Pappu Pandey, a Delhi based employee from reputed company resigned from his job to avail benefits of food security bill. Food security bill is expected to be passed in the current month in a special session of Parliament. Pappu Pandey relieved after BJP gave its consent for supporting bill on National Food Security Act in the upcoming Parliamentary session.

"I have applied for BPL (below poverty line) category after forgoing my job. I also donated my house to charitable organization (family trust incl. Pappa, Mummy, Uncles, etc.) without taking single rupee. That fulfills criteria for applying for the benefits of Food Security Act," said Pappu Pandey to the India Satire correspondent.

The National Food Security Act, also referred to as the Right to Food Bill, is a proposed act which makes food availability a right for every citizen of India.  Under the Act, poor can purchase 25 kg of rice or wheat per month at Rs 3 per kg.

"I am totally unemployed now and I can't (don't want to) earn my own so I believe that I am eligible to apply for this scheme," said Pappu.

Pappu told that economically he didn't feel sense to work and earn money while almost free food is distributed elsewhere.

"What is the sense? You tell me. Is there any sense to work and hard earn money for food while your neighbor is getting for the free of cost? I think this will be a much better idea. Leave your jobs and apply under food security scheme," said Pappu, suggesting the India Satire correspondent to do the same thing.

Pappu also confirmed that many from his office are also going to leave the job and apply for food security.

"Yes we know that many people are leaving their jobs and applying for BPL category status. That is what we want. We expect from 65% of poor Indians, eligible for food security the number will grow up to 90% in next 5 years, increasing the dependency of the UPA Government to the nation," said an official in the food ministry.

Pappu said "Thanks to UPA Government that our torture work life has ended. I will always vote for UPA Govt. Jai Congress, Jai Rahul Baba, Jai Sonia Aunty and Jai Diggy Chacha."

No comments:

Post a Comment